Champions League draw guide: Arsenal need a change of approach while Chelsea must rediscover their form… but history beckons for Manchester City
- Champions League draw for last 16 was made in Nyon on Monday
- Arsenal have been drawn against holders and La Liga leaders Barcelona
- Chelsea face Ligue 1 side PSG for the third consecutive season
- Manchester City could reach quarter-finals for the first time after being paired with Dynamo Kiev
- Relive the draw as it happened with Sportsmail’s live updates
- More on the Champions League at www.dailymail.co.uk/championsleague
The Champions League draw came with mixed blessings for Premier League clubs, with Arsenal and Chelsea facing challenging ties against Europe’s elite while Manchester City have arguably their best chance of reaching the quarter-finals for the first time in their history.
Arsene Wenger’s reward in qualifying for the last 16 against the odds is yet another clash with holders Barcelona who have only lost once to Arsenal in the competition. Chelsea face another familiar opponent in big spending PSG after losing to them at the same stage last season.
Manchester City will have high hopes of progressing after being drawn against Dynamo Kiev, although they will have to play their first leg behind closed doors since the Ukraine side have been punished for their fans’ racist behavior.